Wednesday 24 October 2007

Bit and bobs!

Now when I opened this window to write a post I had a wonderful idea for what I was going to write - now I've completely forgotten!! That's what waking up at 6.15am does for you - not voluntarily I hasten to add!

Well I'll have to see if I remember and if not then I will add the other little bits I'd thought of. Here's a prototype chicken Christmas decoration I have made. I'm not sure if I will use the same fabric but the size is about right for what I want. And they are quite easy to make too although a little fiddly!

I'm also thinking of joining in with crafting 365. This is where (can you guess!) you craft everyday and take a photo of what you have made that day and then you can upload your photo's to the flickr group and if you have one, post details on your blog. I was inspired by Bugs and Fishes and I think Bombus has started to do it too! So I would be in good company! I'm not going to start yet though as I need to crack on with some stuff that isn't very interesting and I'm away for a couple of days so no photographs! I think it would be good though as I would have the motivation to do something everyday as I can't be posting shabby photos can I?

Oh I was also featured in another Etsy treasury the other day - this one was for recycled gifts and I was in good company!

My egg box sewing kit was included and is second row down in the middle. The photo underneath is of a birdhouse made from children's old shoes - how fab is that!! If you want to see who made them then a few are in my favourites over on my etsy shop. And of course my treasury can be seen over in my Etsy Treasury Screenshots on Flickr!

Well I can't remember what I was originally going to blog about so there may well be another post later today although I do need to make part of my mum's birthday pressie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on featuring in the treasury!
Saving 'nice' egg boxes for you which we get (with eggs in of course) from a local farm!!

Laura said...

hi,
just found you on geolocator on etsy. i am fellow card maker turned crafter and love your work and blog, can I add you to my list of fav. blogs?