Monday 18 May 2009

My first crack at embroidery

Features a little turtle I got at Sams, my local scrapstore, the other day.

He was in a pack of offcuts of fabric - he was at the front and I knew I just had to get him. I didn't think for a second he would actually get embroidered as I hadn't done a stitch of embroidery work until yesterday. As of this morning, his head has been finished and he has pink spots and 3 pink toenails.

I also got these 3 guys - I am going to embroider them too and then make a small quilt with the offcuts that came with them as they are child themed. It won't be the first quilt I have started but it may well be the first one that gets finished! Speaking of which I must dig out Tom's quilt and finish it if he is going to get it this year!

10 comments:

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

I adore him. He is just so flippin' cute! I look forward to seeing the finished article!

Andreanna said...

He is so cute!

Nic said...

How cute!! He will look fab with his friends. Good luck with the quilt. If that fails, you could frame them all.

Jennifer Rose said...

looking really good :D love the hedgehog one, very cute. making a quilt is a great idea

Tizzalicious said...

I can't wait to see the finished results!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute! Can't wait to see it completed.

noelle said...

Hi Lynsey, thanks again for featuring one of my little houses on cuteable. First visit to your blog and not the last i might say! I love it ! x x noelle

Twiggy said...

Very lovely!!
Twiggy x

Thecraftytrundler said...

Look forward to seeing that quilt!!
What a lovely find!!Your embroidery looks very neat, it's great!

Sharon xx

Unknown said...

I would love to do a little project like this, too. You are so lucky to have a store like SAM's to call your own!

Sylvia C.