Thursday 3 June 2010

A fabulous bargain

We were away last weekend and went to a car boot sale which is near my in-laws and is only on on Bank Holidays! There wasn't a huge amount of stuff to choose from but some good things. My biggest bargain was this sewing basket. It was only £1!! I spied it underneath a table where the guy was selling everything for a pound - I don't think my purse has been out of my bag quicker!

It needs work but I have spied potential in this little beauty. It's sturdy with no visible damage.

The lid is padded and covered in someones stitched work which isn't to my taste. The fabric on the inside is pretty but is very faded and has lots of water marks. Both will be replaced and I might do something with the wicker work too.

The inside which really does need work! I have been browsing sewing baskets on Flickr and have had a few ideas of my own. Watch this space :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

can't wait to see what you do with the sewing basket, such a great bargin at £1!

Unknown said...

Great find - bargains are the best!

Unknown said...

What a fab bargain, well spotted :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it. I would paint the wicker a cheerful colour xxx

felicia said...

love it! well done!