Sunday 27 November 2011

Fabulous fabric


I spotted a bolt of this fabric in a charity shop on a shopping day out with my mum. A huge bolt! And this was only the second charity shop we had gone into and it was 9.45am! I knew I didn't want to carry it around with us all day (my poor arms!) but I really wanted it. Alas the shop shut at 4.45pm and we weren't sure we could get back in time to collect it if I paid for it there and then.


Luckily we managed to get back in time and it was still sat on the shelf looking back at me longingly! So  for quite a few English pounds it was mine :)


I carried back to the train (15 mins walk with other shopping) and lugged it round Leeds train station whilst waiting for my connecting train.


Today I decided to see just exactly how much there was on the bolt (it still had the original shop tags on it!) There are 22 metres of fabric on the bolt - yep really, 22 metres! I won't use it all by a long shot so there is some for sale in my Anya's Attic shop :)

6 comments:

PrairiePeasant said...

Fabulous find! I think you could easily use it: some chickens and a quilt back or two to start off. Curtains? Retro skirts? Tote bags?

Jennifer Rose said...

great find! wonderful colours :D

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Ooh well jealous of your amazing find! lovely colours :)

CurlyPops said...

It's beautiful!

Charis said...

What a gorgeous find!

Erin said...

I found a bolt of hiddeous (in a good way) IKEA fabric at Goodwill a while back and I bought it just because I was so excited to find a bolt of fabric at a thrift store! It was so exciting. Only $10, too!