Saturday 2 March 2013

Craftivists rock!

I went to the unveiling last night of the #imapiece jigsaw pieces at The Peoples Museum in Manchester and it was brilliant. There were over 600 pieces there and it was fabulous to see them all displayed together. I'm just going to show you lots of photographs now :)


This was taken outside looking in as I left. You can see the scale of the installation.



Sarah Corbett (white t-shirt) is the organiser and craftivist who organised the whole concept. She is pictured with her crafty avengers Mr X Stitch, Deadly Knitshade and Hilary from Craft Blog UK.



The lady being photographed here made over 22 pieces for her friends and family to embroider and stitched quite a few herself.


I saw loads of pieces that I really liked so here are some pictures of those.










You can see better pictures on my Flickr stream. And of course here's my piece in the installation.


If you want to join in then there is still time - the installation is going to Belfast at some stage in May so you can get stitching. Find out all the information here. And if you don't want to be involved in this particular project, check out lots of other ideas here.

3 comments:

CHRIS LINACRE said...

Brilliant and I can't believe it but I see mine on one of your photos- Can I use it on my blog and of course I will link back here to your post - wish I could have been there

Twiggy said...

Wow that is fab and well done for being part of it. I love Mr X Stitch and would have thrown my thimble at him :P
Twiggy x

Betsy said...

Love this roundup! And wish I could have been at the event, so jealous!