Friday 3 May 2013

Libraries :)

I haven't visited my local library for such a long time which seems silly when you consider it's only a 10 minute walk through the park to get there! I picked up my 20 World Book Night books from there and the girls came with me and got some books out. I returned today to take their books back, get them replacement cards and I had just enough time to pick out some books for me! We don't go to the library as our local Post Office sells books for charity and at 25p for kids paperbacks, 50p for kids hardbacks/adults paperbacks and £1 for adult hardbacks so can't really go wrong! However, we do have a lot of books in our house (into the thousands) so we could do with reigning in the number of books that come into the house (and no, I can't believe I've just typed that!) Here are the books I've borrowed.


Kirsties Handmade Home - I'm not a fan of Kirstie Allsop at all and haven't watched the TV programme but while the books are free to borrow I thought I may as well to see what all the fuss was about!

All Sewn Up by Chloe Owens - just a pretty looking book which deals mainly with applique.

Creative Walls by Geraldine James - it's a book about displaying your treasures and we have a lot of treasures to display so it might be a worthwhile read!

Seedbombs by Josie Jeffery - a book all about seedbombing which intrigues me to be honest! I might also take it to show my sister when we see her soon as I think it is something she would like!

Malkin Child by Livi Michael - a book about the Pendle Witches which I shamefully (living very near to Pendle Hill) know little about. Hopefully this book will help.

And the top two aren't for me but for the girls. To tide them over until we get a free timeslot to go back so they can choose their own books with their new cards!

Do you use your local library? Is it far from where you live?

1 comment:

WendyCarole said...

Sadly they closed our local library several years ago. So we used to use the city library. I say used to use because at the moment it is closed due to structual problems. Now they have found asbestos so for the foreseeable future there is a mobile library in the city square. I might hav eto go back to buying charity shop books. But we are running out of space. Maybe I should open my own local library :)