Wednesday 5 June 2013

52 books 52 weeks - part five

Wow, I did well this month :) Six books read and I nearly finished a seventh but not quite! Here are last months books.


I wasn't sure whether to include this book or not because it is non fiction but I did and yes, I did read it all! I'm not normally a fan of Kirstie's books but I was sufficiently intrigued by this to borrow it from the library. It was ok but I'm glad I got it from the library rather than buying it!


A fabulous book where most of the action takes place over the period of one day and you know that something dreadful happens (due to flash forwards) but you have no idea what it might be right until the moment it happens. It is a very slow paced book and I can see why some readers have given up on it but if you read it in large enough chunks it shouldn't be too tiresome. I enjoyed it :)


As I live within view of Pendle Hill I have a desire to read lots about the Pendle witches as I know nothing about them apart from the small snippets on the local 'witch buses' that go from Colne, through Burnley and on to Manchester! This is a childs book and focuses on Jennet Device who gave evidence at the witch trials against her own family. Again I borrowed this from the library and will be searching out more books on this subject!


This is another library book (yay for libraries!) I loved the female character but didn't like the storyline of this book.


This is yet another library book and the first book I have read by this author. Needless to say I grabbed two more books from the charity shops while we away on holiday!


I've been meaning to read this book for years but I just didn't get round to it. It was genuinely scary in places and now I want to watch the film version.

28/52

1 comment:

forgetmenotsblue said...

I hate to admit the only book on list I've read is the Kirstie one. I really enjoyed this one it has some fab ideas in it. I must try some of the others on your list x